Monday, June 1, 2009

Maiden Track Experience


I was still undecided to go or not to go... till before heading for dinner with Nicki and James.... Called Tougeking to reconfirm if it's still available... OK... just go lah... else also nothing much to do.....

my first lap on the track was a crap... coz i never drive on a track before... IM A NEWBIE OK.... knowing nothing about racing line, understeer-oversteer, braking point ON TRACK!! so i just cruise around... according to Kisumi i made few drifters spun out... sorry laaa... im novice... next time should put a novice sticker on it... :p

after 3rd lap and guidance of Kisumi... im begin to catch up the rhythm and begin to fly on the track.... is was REAL FUN and i begin to fall for it!!!! haha....

On the second round... TK sit beside me teach me and guide me to run on a more "cleaner" lap... according to Kisumi im manage to go more quicker... (ya kah...tak rasa pun) :p

Too bad im not able to go for the mini race.... but Overall i enjoyed the track very much and i think im fallen into track driving already :p

Thanks to TK for organizing such a great event... and thanks to my beloved dear-dear for allowing me to drive on the track :p

I had a great birthday this year!!

==============================
Not much pics.. too into the mood for driving :p



















=======================================

Entry from my beloved Kisumi

It’s a Sunday, it’s a fair day, it’s my girlfriend’s birthday and we both have itchy legs, what other way to start the day then to travel all the way down to Dato’ Sagar Circuit at Kg. Gajah. I know AFOS is this week and some of my friends are participating in an event in Sepang and that I should be there too cause it is nearer and stuff but today I chose to go to Kg. Gajah to give my girl her first taste of track racing, on her birthday.

Some of you may start saying “What in the world are you thinking? Taking a girl to track on her birthday, she will kill you, why not make it a romantic day?” Well, all I have to say is that you don’t know her well enough, she’s currently on a diet (which she paid a lot for), that rules out romantic dinner, etc. Then, she’s also a racer!

So, on with the poor story! My girl and I packed everything up and left our house at 7.30 in the morning. (Yes yes, we are like going to work) We had a mundane trip to Kg. Gajah and reached there at 9.45 a.m. We got ourselves registered and started to unpack our things on the grass, which is the furthest away from anyone. (Yeah yeah, I like to be solitude.)

First run was done by my girl and it was horrible. She was just driving for the sake of driving. She also managed to slow down all the drifters that was running around, (sorry guys, we just came, we didn’t know it was your session.) With a few points and on her fourth lap, she was getting better but alas the tires are beginning to slip from overheating. So, I casually instructed her to come in for a rest. Short while later, I went out and showed her a few more pointers to slow down tire wear and decrease the lap times. Again, as I was using crap tires, they begin to overheat by the fourth lap and on the fifth, I came in. That was the end of my first attack of the track, since my inaugural run when my car was 1 week old. (Read safety car on my girl’s blog at evilaine.blogspot.com)

My girl then had a run with tougeking, one of the organizers of the track day inside to guide her. She was having plenty of fun inside, I tell you. Next, she manages to sit in Chloe’s car, a newbie drifter for many laps, and I can tell from her face that my girl enjoyed it.

The next few runs were better as we manage to recognize the grippier lines and proper racing lines but by noon, our car was literally exhausted and the tires was in bad shape. I decided to go to the friendly Petronas nearby to refuel and pump more air into the tires to get ready for the time attack rounds and the racing rounds in the afternoon session. Alas, luck is not on our side, one of our tires is bloated with the wire reinforcement broken.

We came back to the track, said farewell to some of our friends there and headed for home as we would be in danger if there is rain as our tires would not hold in such conditions. We drove at 80kph in the estate road and after half an hour, I felt the damaged tire was wobbling minutely, I came down to check and found that the tire has bloated even further. I decided to change to the spare tire at a petrol station somewhere on the way to Bidor. The station attendant was nice enough to borrow me an umbrella to shelter me from the scorching heat.

After changing tires, we headed back to KL at a snail pace. For the first time in my life, all the cars was overtaking me, including lorries and buses! Although it was a tiring day, we ended the day with a satisfying smile on our face as for a long time, we have not thrashed a car. (At least I have not thrashed a car since many years.)

Next round, I am bringing spare tires and to pump it even further. My next upgrade for the car, 15 inch rims!!!! (Anyone got 2nd hand to sell? Tires and rims)

2 comments:

Touge King said...

Thanks for coming and happy birthday :)! You drove really well, too bad the tire didn't hold up... Hope to see you next time.

EvilaineKhoo said...

TK.... thanks alot and thanks for the compliment.... im sure im in for the coming track day :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...